Saturday, June 27, 2009

Things Are Cooking Now Because I Decided To Cook Before


On almost a daily basis, my wife always call me sometime mid-morning to know whether I'm having lunch at home. She always nags at me if I suddenly appear through the door at lunch hour with a rumbling stomach (or worse, with a shaking and numbing self - a common occurrence in me when sugar is low in my system), because meals are not instant! Even Magee needs more than 2 minutes, considering the need to boil water before putting the mee into the pot!

I understand my wife's concern. She needs time to prepare the ingredients, take out frozen food from the fridge to thaw it before she can cooks them. Lunch is never instant, no matter how instant we are told it is.

I guess same goes for business - its rewards are never instant. I had to seek businesses out before I can have a business. I have to close deals before I can expect revenues. 

And then, I will reap the rewards. As I did before. As usual.

But as usual, people only notice my rewards - seldom they see the hardships behind it. Yeah, I make good money, and I'm proud that I get to spend more time with my wife and children than a majority of other men. Others wish they can have a life like mine.

But they seldom wants to do the things I do to get this life I have.

Looking at my business pot at the moment, I'm glad that it's cooking some significant projects now. It has been months of going into the market, shopping for resources, and putting recipes together. 

Today's business had not been instant. As it was never before. As usual. The recipe is to prepare for it in advance, cook it and then eat it.




No comments: